Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Next year...Carib 1500?

It's hard to believe, but we just might try this again. I cant' quite decide if we are foolish or brave. The idea this time is to take off the end of October 2009 with the Caribbean 1500, perhaps from Charleston (that really makes it the Carib 1300, but don't tell the big boats that, OK?) Then we'd leave Aquila in the BVI for the winter and sail back up with the Atlantic Cup in 2010. Should we? Could we? Only time will tell...

I really don't want to give up the idea of cruising. It scares the crap out of me. Sailing the oceans. Sailing in general! And I still want to do it. Maybe...maybe someday...maybe someday we can even do the whole thing. Circumnavigate, that is. Around the whole world. I'm thinking about it, really. Thinking.

No comments: