Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The 2007 Crew

Bob, Abby and I are going again, but our 'to Bermuda' crewmember from last year, Ed, decided he needed to spend time with HIS family instead of ours. So this year we're sticking our family, and my niece Leah is going with us. She just graduated from high school, and doesn't head to college in Illinois (yep, Illinois) until August so she signed on to go BOTH WAYS. I reminded her that showers consist of a few sprays from the garden sprayer, and she pointed that her mother only lets her use the garden hose now, so no big deal. I reminded her that there are 10-14 days of nothing but blue water, with only a couple of old people and one 9 year old for company, and she said she had lots of reading to catch up on (note that she didn't say she thought the company would be fun, just that she could escape from it if needed--smart girl, that Leah). I reminded her that she would be standing watch for 3-4 hours each night, and she said "I'm a teenager, I LIVE for the nighttime". She just might be the perfect crewmember!

No comments: